Keeping It Private
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it at our stores, on our Website and affiliate websites or through social media channels. Also at our events, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information we may collect could include:
• Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
• Username and password if you have registered an account with us;
• Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address); purchase, return, wish list and transaction information; customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and transaction history);
• Device information;
• Photographs, comments and other content you provide;
• Information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
• Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
• Social media information;
In addition, when you visit our Website, interact with our related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers (e.g. Google based outside the EU) and advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU.
Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to P T Miles Jewellers (e.g. when ordering products or services) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect information fairly and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. In general, any information you provide to P T Miles Jewellers will only be used within P T Miles Jewellers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside P T Miles Jewellers without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to P T Miles Jewellers and P T Miles Jewellers considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, P T Miles Jewellers can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or e-mail provider about the content and your behaviour.
We process technical data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered (online or in store) but have taken part in other P T Miles Jewellers services (e.g. information requests), that information will be held only as long as necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
Access To Your Personal Information
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/